Warns the operator of live conductors with the use of its detection sensor.
The AEMC 275HD Non-Contact High Voltage Detector
is a high voltage detector by proximity. It is a product designed to warn the use of the presense of voltage in a particular work site.
An eight position rotary switch selects the detection range. The AEMC 275HVD uses an internal sensor designed to detect the radiated electrical field (V/m) present in energized conductors. The radiated electrical field increase with the line voltage but decrease with distance and/or shielding. When an electrical field is detected, a sound annuciator (high pitch-high powered buzzer) and visual indicators (bright LEDs) are triggered ON, warning the operator of live conductors.
The AEMC 275HVD is powered by three standard Alkaline C cell batteries and can be used both in- and out-of-doors. A universal spline on the back-end facilitates attachment to any standard hot stick. A self-test position ensures that all circuitry and annunciators are working properly before use.
- Non-contact detection of live voltages
- Check and detect live high voltage cables
- Find faults in cables
- Check grounding equipment
- Service neon lighting
- Trace live wires
- Check high frequency radiation
- Detect residual or induced voltages
- C Cell Batteries (x3)
- Shotgun Adapter
- Hard Carrying Case
- User Manual
- Non-contact voltage detector
- Wide range of detection; finds 80V to 275kV; one instrument fits all applications
- Eight switch selectable voltage ranges
- Lightweight, minimizes sway at the end of long hot sticks
- Audible and visual indication of live voltage
- Self-test position ensures that all system functions and indicators are working properly by energizing the complete system
- Designed for use with hot sticks incorporating a shotgun adapter
- Powered by three standard Alkaline C cell batteries
- Shotgun adapter included
|Range ||240V, 2kV, 6kV, 11kV, 22kV, 33kV, 132kV, 275kV |
|Detection ||Range selected @ approximately 10" (25cm), 45% to 65% of range @ approximately 4" (10cm), Greater detection distance obtained with lower range setting (higher sensitivity) than working voltage |
|Dimensions ||3.78x9" (96x229mm) |
|Weight ||1.30 lbs (0.59kg) batteries included |
|Operating Temperature ||5 degree to 130 degree F (-15 degree to 55 degree C) |
|Sstorage Temperature ||-4 degree to 150 degree F (-20 degree to 65 degree C) |
|Humidity ||0 to 93% RH @ 104 degree F (40 degree C) |